RAUNI, village 22 km southwest of Khanna (30Â°42`N, 76Â° 13`E) in Ludhiana district of the Punjab, has a historical shrine, Gurdwara Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib, commemorating the visit of Guru Hargobind. Foundation of the present building, which replaced an old memorial platform, was laid on 11 Maghar 1976 Bk/ 25 November 1919. Standing on a metrehigh paved platform, it consists of a sanctum in the middle of a 17metre square hall with verandah around it. Above the sanctum is a square room topped by a domed pavilion having a goldplated pinnacle and a khandd as finial.
There are decorative domed kiosks at the corners of the verandah. The Gurdwara stands in the centre of a oneacre compound entered through a gateway with an elongated dome above it. The Gurdwara managed by the village sangat provides accommodation for pilgrims as well as for a high school run by government.