SILOANI, village 9 km from Raikot town (30139`N, 75″37`E), is sacred to the memory of Guru Gobind Singh, who visited the place travelling through the Malva after the battle of Chamkaur in December 1705. Gurdwara Beri Sahib Patshahi Dasvin commemorates the spot where Guru Gobind Singh alighted for rest under a ben tree. It is here that Rai Kalha, the chief of Raikot, first met the Guru. The Rai was camping at Siloani which formed part of his territory.Guru Gobind Singh was still dressed as a Muslim divine. When he disclosed his identity, Rai Kalha felt very happy and escorted him to his own town of Raikot.
The original Manji Sahib at Siloani is a small domed room, near the ben tree, later extended by adding a rectangular hall and a verandah in front. Another room as an extension to the hall was added in 1967. The hall and the sanctum have now a mosaic floor inset with multicoloured geometrical designs. The Gurdwara is managed by the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee through a local committee.
1. Narotam, Tara Singh, Sri Guru Tirath Sangrahi. Kankhal, 1975
2. Gian Singh, Giani, Twarikh Gurduariari. Amritsar, n.d
3. Thakar Singh, Giani, Sri” Gurduare Darshan, Amritsar, 1923