VANDAR, named after the Jatt clan who inhabits it, is a village 22 km southeast of Kot Kapura (30Â°35`N, 74Â°49`E) in Moga district of the Punjab. It has a historical gurdwara dedicated to Guru Gobind Singh, who made a brief halt here on his way from Dina to Kot Kapura. The shrine, called Gurdwara Sahib Patshahi X, is situated inside a walled compound entered through a gateway. The old shrine, a small domed room, is still preserved, but the Guru Granth Sahib is seated in a separate flatroofed hall where daily services take place. The Gurdwara, endowed with 15 acres of land. is managed by a local committee under the auspices of the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee. A largelyattended annual fair is held annually on the occasion of Baisakhi.
1. Narotam, Tara Singh, Sri Guru Tirath Sangrahi. Kankhal, 1975
2. Thakar Singh, Giani, Sri” Gurduare Darshan. Amritsar, 1923
3. Gian Singh, Giani, Twarikh Gurduarian. Amritsar, n.d
4. Harbans Singh, Guru Cobind Singh. Chandigarh, 1966