KHALSA DIWAN, afterwards renamed Central Malva Khalsa Pritinidhi Diwan, Nabha, was formed on 1 January 1906 at a large conclave of the Sikhs held in the princely town. The inspiration came from Tikka Ripudaman Singh (1883-1943), henapparent to the Nabha throne, who was a staunch advocate of the Singh Sabha doctrine, and his tutor Bhai Kahn Singh. A committee consisting of five members, Hazura Singh, Nihal Singh, Bedi Hukam Singh, Raghbfr Singh and Mihari Singh, was constituted the same day to administer the Diwan.
To help the committee, SodhT Hira Singh was nominated secretary and Gurdial Singh assistant secretary.Among the aims of the Diwan were the propagation of the Sikh faith and the Sikh way of life and customs, spread of education among the Sikhs, uplift of women so as to bring them on equal footing with men, and better management of Sikh religious places.
The Diwan remained fairly active in its appointed sphere of work till 1911, but after that it gradually lapsed into oblivion owing mainly to the waning interest on the pan of Ripudaman Singh who became the Maharaja of Nabha after the death on 25 December 1911 of his father, Maharaja Sir Hira Singh. S.S.A.