BACHITTAR SINGH, BHAI (d. 1705), warrior and martyr, was the second son of Bhai Mani Ram, a Parmar Rajput and devotee of the Gurus. One of the five brothers presented by their father for service to Guru Gobind Singh (1666-1708), he joined the order of the Khalsa on the
BACHITTAR SINGH, BHAI (d. 1921), was a granthi (officiant) at the gurdwara in Chakk No. 85 Dalla Chanda Singhvala in Sheikhupura, in the newly colonized irrigation district in western Punjab. Nothing is known about his parentage or the date and place of his birth. He had arrived at the
BACHITTAR SINGH MALVAI (d. 1840), eldest son of Dhanna Singh Malvai, joined the army of Ranjit Singh about 1827, and served first at Bahawalpur. When Peshawar was occupied by the Sikhs in 1834, Bachittar Singh was sent to Shabqadar, where a new cantonment had been laid out and a
KOTLA NIHANG KHAN, about two and a half kilometres south of Ropar (30"58`N, 76Â°31`E), owes its prominence to Gurdwara Bhattha Sahib. The village is named after (lie local chief, Niharig Khan, a godfearing Afghan contemporary of Guru Gobind Singh. Guru Gobind Singh first visited Kotia Niharig Khan while on
MUMTAZ, according to Sarup Singh Kaushish, Guru kian Sakhian, was the daughter of Nihang Khan, Muslim chief of Kotla. Nihang Khan near Ropar. She served the Sikh warrior Bhai Bachittar Singh who, severely wounded in a skirmish after the evacuation of Anandpur in December 1705, had been brought to
New membership are not allowed.