GURU KA BAGH MORCHA, one of the major compaigns in the Sikhs` agitation in the early 1920`s for the reformation of their holy places. Guru ka Bagh in Ghukkevali village, about 20 km from Amritsar, has two historic gurudwaras close to each other, commemorating the visits respectively of Guru Arjan
JALLIANVALA BAGH MASSACRE, involving the killing of hundreds of unarmed, defenceless Indians by a senior British military officer, took place on 13 April 1919 in the heart of Amritsar, the holiest city of the Sikhs, on a day sacred to them as the birth anniversary of the Khalsa. Jalliarivala Bagh,
NANAK GARH GURUDWARA,BADAMI BAGH, LAHORE This monument of Jagat Guru Nanaki Dev Ji was once located at. the bank of old River Ravi near Badami Bagh railway station. It is said that it was at this spot that Jagat Guru had delivered (Mukat) the father of Duni Chand from rebirth.
PREM KAUR, RANI, daughter of Hari Singh, a Varaich Jatt of the village of Ladhevala, in Gujranwala district of the Punjab, was married in 1822 to Prince Sher Singh, son of Maharaja Ranjit Singh. In 1831, she gave birth to Partap Singh^who was brutally murdered by Lahina Singh Sandharivalia,
AHRAURA, a small town in Mirzapur district of Uttar Pradesh, 40 km south of Varanasi (25Â°20\'N, 8205-81 E). has a Sikh shrine called Gurudwara Bagh Shri Guru Tegh BahadurJi Ka. Guru Tegh Bahadur visited Ahraura in 1666 in the course of his journey in the eastern parts. It is
ANDREWS, CHARLES FREER (1871-1940). Anglican missionary, scholar and educationist, was born to John Edwin Andrews on 12 February 1871 in NewcastleonTyne in Great Britain. His father was a minister of the Evangelical Anglican Church. Andrews grew up in an intense and emotional religious environment. A nearly fatal attack of rheumatic
BAGH SINGH VIRK (d. 1806), a feudatory chief under Maharaja Ranjit Singh. His father Lal Singh, who had migrated from Jammu, held sway in the tract between Sheikhupura and Miralivala as the Sikh sardars started acquiring territory in the Punjab in the latter half of the eighteenth century. He
GHUKKEVALI, village 21 km north of Amritsar (31Â°38`N, 74Â°52`E) and connected by a link road to the AmritsarAjnalaDera Baba Nanak road, has two historical shrines, sacred to Guru Arjan (1563-1606) and Guru Tegh Bahadur (1621-75), respectively. GURDWARA GURU KA BAGH, located in what was formerly called Guru kl Raur (raur
GILLMORE, an English deserter from British army who came to Lahore in 1833 and entered the Sikh service. He attained the rank of colonel and commanded a regiment. He married a Kashmir! Muslim woman and had children by her. He died of cholera at Lahore and was buried in
New membership are not allowed.