DIPALPUR (30Â° 40`N, 73Â° 32`E), tahsil (subdivision) town of Montgomery (or Sahiwal) district of Pakistan, was, according to Miharban Janam Sakhi, visited by Guru Nanak (1469-1539) on his way back from Pakpattan to Talvandi. According to local tradition, the Guru sat under a dead pipal tree on the southeastern outskirts
IKULAHA, a village 6 km south-west of Khanna (30Â°42`N, 76Â°13`E) in Ludhiana district, is sacred to Guru Hargobind, who visited it on his way from Ghurani and Dhamot to Saunti. The shrine which commemorates the visit was raised much later. The construction work was started in 1907-08 by Bhai Rala
LAHILI KALAN, village 15 km southeast of Hoshiarpur (31Â°32`N, 75Â°55`E) in the Punjab, has an historical shrine, Gurudwara Jand Sahib Patshahl VII, raised in honour of Guru Har Rai, who visited the site during a journey from Kiratpur to Kartarpur. The Gurdwara is a high ceilinged hall, with a square
PARMANAND, a Maharashtrian saintpoet, one of whose hymns is included in the Guru Granth Sahib. Born probably in 1483, he is believed to have resided at Barsi, situated to the north of Pandharpur, in present day Sholapur district of Maharashtra. Parmanand was a devotee of Visnu and used in his
New membership are not allowed.