CHIKA, an old village in Kaithal district of Haryana, 26 km west of Pehova (29Â° 59`N, 76Â° 35`E), is sacred to Guru Hargobind and Guru Tegh Bahadur. The former passed through Chika at the time of his visit to Kurukshetra in 1638. Guru Tegh Bahadur arrived here from Samana
CHUHARVAL, village 11 km west of Chamkaur Sahib (30Â° 53`N, 76Â° 25`E), has a gurdwara called Jhar Sahib, dedicated to Guru Gobind Singh, who quitting Chamkaur on the night of 7 December 1705, reached this spot. In a cluster of thorny bushes (Jhar) here, he relaxed for awhile before
DIRHBA, an old town 30 km southeast of Sangrur (30Â° 14`N, 75Â°50`E) in the Punjab, has a historical shrine commemorating the visit of Guru Tegh Bahadur during the third quarter of the seventeenth century. It is known as Gurdwara Sahib Patshahi IX and is situated on the bank of a
DORAHA (30Â° 48`N, 76Â° 2`E), an old village along the Grand Trunk Road 20 km east of Ludhiana, claims an historical shrine, Gurdwara Damdama Sahib Patshahi Chhevin, sacred to Guru Hargobind, Nanak VI. According to local tradition, Guru Hargobind encamped here for a night travelling back from the Gwalior
RANI MAJRA, a village in Patiala district, 16 km northeast of Ambala city (30Â°23`N, 76Â° 47`E), claims a historical shrine dedicated to Guru Gobind Singh who, according to local tradition, came here as a child from Lakhnaur. A simple platform, constructed where the Guru had halted about 200 metres
TOSHAKHANA, from Persian toshakhanah (toshah = food or provisions for journey or food articles in general+ khana = house, store) or tosha khana (toshak = bedding, clothing + khana) means in Punjabi a treasury or secured storehouse for valuables. It is now generally used for the
New membership are not allowed.