AGAUL, village 10 km from Nabha (30Â°22\'N, 76Â°9\'E) in Patiala district, has a historical shrine called Gurudwara Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib. In the course of a journey through this area, Guru Tegh Bahadur came and sat here under a pipal tree on the bank of a pond. The
ALMAST, BHAI (1553-1643), Sikh preacher and head of a dhuari or branch of the Udasi sect, was born in a Gaur Brahman family of Srinagar (Kashmir) on 26 August 1553. He was the son of Bhai Hardatt and Mai Prabha, and was the elder brother of Balu Hasna, another
DIPALPUR (30Â° 40`N, 73Â° 32`E), tahsil (subdivision) town of Montgomery (or Sahiwal) district of Pakistan, was, according to Miharban Janam Sakhi, visited by Guru Nanak (1469-1539) on his way back from Pakpattan to Talvandi. According to local tradition, the Guru sat under a dead pipal tree on the southeastern outskirts
SAHVA, a village in Churu district of Rajasthan, 40 km southwest of Bhadra (29010N, 75"15`E), is referred to as Suheva in Sikh chronicles and is popularly called Suhava Sahib. Guru Gobind Singh, while travelling from the Punjab to the South in October November 1706 arrived here from Nohar via
SIDDHVAN KALAN, village 7 km northeast of Jagraon (30"47`N, 75"28`E) in Ludhiana district, is sacred to Guru Hargobind who halted here awhile during his journey across the Malva country in 1631. The Guru encamped under a pipal tree near a pond to the north of the village. Bhai Mansa
New membership are not allowed.