CHANDPUR, village connected by a 4km stretch of link road to Ropar Nangal road near Kotia power house, is sacred to Guru Har Rai (1630-61), who came here on visits several times. Gurdwara Guru Har Rai Sahib marking the site of the Guru`s camp is also known as Gurdwara Nira
DARBAR, a Perisan word meaning "a house, dwelling; court, area; court or levee of a prince; audience chamber," is commonly used in Punjabi to signify a royal, princely or any high ranking officer`s court (as distinguished from courts of justice) where dignitaries granted audience to the common people, listened to
HARPALPUR, a village in Patiala district about 20 km south of Rajpura, (30Â°28`N, 76Â°37`E), has a historical shrine called Gurdwara Sri Mariji Sahib Patshahi IX, dedicated to Guru Tegh Bahadur who, according to local tradition, visited the site on Magh sudi 7, 1731 Bk/23 January 1675. The Guru is said
IKULAHA, a village 6 km south-west of Khanna (30Â°42`N, 76Â°13`E) in Ludhiana district, is sacred to Guru Hargobind, who visited it on his way from Ghurani and Dhamot to Saunti. The shrine which commemorates the visit was raised much later. The construction work was started in 1907-08 by Bhai Rala
KAIRON (31Â°19`N, 74Â°52`E), village in Amritsar district of the Punjab, has a historical shrine, Gurdwara Jhar Sahib, sacred to Guru Arjan (1563-1606). Located half a kilometre west of the village, it marks the site where the Guru, during one of his journeys through the Majha country, stayed for a short
ROHTAS (30Â° 55`N, 73Â° 48`E), town in Jehlum district of Pakistan had a historical Sikh shrine, Gurdwara Choha Sahib, commemorating the visit of Guru Nanak (1469-1539) during his western uddsi or preaching tour. Later in 1542, Sher Shah Suri raised around the habitation a strong fort which he named Rohtas
New membership are not allowed.