BIRK, village 10 km northeast of Jagraon (30M7`N, 75Â°28`E)in Ludhiana district, is sacred to Guru Hargobind who travelling in 1631 arrived here from Siddhvan Kalan. The Gurdwara, called Manji Sahib Chhevin Patshahi, is outside the village to the southwest of it. The present complex raised in the 1970`s, has
SULTANPUR LODHI (3P13N, 7512E), old town in Kapurthala district of the Punjab, where Guru Nanak put up for several years before setting out on his travels to deliver his message. In this town lived his sister, Bibi Nanaki, and her husband, Jai Ram, an official in the service of
AKAL BUNGA SAHIB GURUDWARA, ANANDPUR This Gurdwara is situated exact opposite to Gurdwara Sis Ganj. Here, Guru Sahib addressed the Sikhs after the cremation of the head of Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib. Guru Sahib asked the Sikhs to bow before the Will of the Almighty. He told them to be
BILGA, village 14 km west of Phillaur(31Â°1`N, 75Â°47`E) in the Punjab, is sacred to Guru Arjan, who passed through it in June 1589 on his way to Mau where he got married. According to local tradition, Bilga was then a small settlement of only a few huts. The Guru changed
New membership are not allowed.