KAITHAL (29Â°47`n, 76Â°23`E), district town of Haryana, is an old historic place. Bhai Desu Singh, a descendant of Bhai Bhagatu, a Siddhu jatt of Barar clan, occupied it in 1767 and made it the capital of the principality he had established. The state came under British protection in 1809
MIHAN, BHAI, founder of the Mihanshahi or Mihansahibi sect of Udasi sadhus, was a Sikh contemporary of the eighth, ninth and the tenth Gurus. His real name was Ramdev. His father, Nand Lal Sohna, had been a disciple of two Muslim devotees of Guru Hargobind, Khwaja and Jani, and
RAM SINGH, RAJA, son of Mirza Raja Jai Singh of Amber, was a 4 hazdn mansabddrof the Mughal emperor, Aurangzib. During Jai Singh`s absence in the Deccan on campaigns against Shivaji and the Bijapur state in 1664-67 Karivar Ram Singh remained in Delhi in their palace in Raisina and
TEGH BAHADUR, GURU (1621-1675), prophet and martyr, revered as the Ninth Guru or Revealer of the Sikh faith, was the youngest of the five sons of the Sixth Guru, Guru Hargobind, and his wife, Nanaki. He was born at Amritsar on Baisakh vadl5,1678 Bk/ 1 April 1621. The early years
BANI BADARPUR is the name popularly given to what are in fact two separate villages Bani and Badarpur, 6 km from Ladva (29Â°59`N, 77Â°3`E)in Kurukshetra district of Haryana. Guru Tegh Bahadur visited this place twice. On his first visit, he came from Kurukshetra, via Muniarpur and Dudhi. He gave
DARGAH MALL, DIWAN (d. 1695), son of Dvarka Das Chhibbar, was, according to Shahid Bilas Bhai Mani Singh, and Guru kian Sakhian, a diwan or minister in the time of Guru Hargobind and his successors and managed, as such, their households. He was the great grand father of Kesar
GANDHUAN, a village 20 km southwest of Sunam (30Â°7`N, 75Â°48`E) in Sangrur district of the Punjab, has a historical shrine dedicated to the memory of Guru Tegh Bahadur who visited it in the course of his travels in these parts. According to local tradition, a resident of the village, Bhai
KALAUR, 9 km east of Bassi Pathanari (30Â°42`N, ^^`E) in Fatehgarh Sahib district, claims a historical shrine dedicated to Guru Tegh Bahadur. A raised platform was constructed on the top of the ruined mound in the village to commemorate the visit of Guru Tegh Bahadur who made a brief
MONGHYR. pronounced Mungher (25Â°22`N, 86Â°30`E), a district town in Bihar, 170 km east of Patna Sahib, has an historical shrine dedicated to Guru Tegh Bahadur, who stayed here during his tour of the eastern districts in 1666. It is called Gurdwara Pakki Sangat and is located in Bazar area
ROHTAK (28Â°56`N, 76Â°34`E), district town in Haryana, claims two historical shrines, both dedicated to Guru Tegh Bahadur. GURDWARA BANGLA SAHIB is on the northwestern outskirts of the city. Guru Tegh Bahadur stayed at this site, near a pond. A small shrine was later raised on the spot. The shrine
THARA SAHIB, an half-a-metre high and 5-metre square marble-paved platform stands in the open space in front of Damdama Sahib. It was here that Guru Tegh Bahadur received the group of Kashmiri Pandits who called on him in 1675.
ABDULLA, KHWAJA, a native of Mani Majra, near present day Chandigarh, was the keeper of the jail at Chandni Chowk kotwali in Delhi, where Guru Tegh Bahadur, Nanak IX, was detained under imperial warrant. He was a pious man and truly reverenced the holy detenu. He tried to mitigate
New membership are not allowed.