ALLAHABAD (25Â°28\'N, 81Â°50\'E). Prayag before the reign of Emperor Akbar, was visited by Guru Nanak in the course of Ills first preaching journey to the east in the first quarter of the sixteenth century. In 1666, Guru Tegh Bahadur visited the town and stayed in the house of a
CHOHLA, village 4.5 km southeast of Sirhali Kalari (31Â° 16`N, 74Â° 56`E) in Amritsar district of the Punjab, is sacred to Guru Arjan (1563-1606). The village was called Bhaini when the Guru visited here. A housewife served him a delicious dish of chohia, broken bread mixed with sugar and
GARIAL, BHAI, and Bhai Mathura Das, two poor Sikhs of Agra, earned their meagre living as porters carrying heavy loads. Yet they joyfully extended hospitality and assistance to needy Sikhs. They had instructed the members of their families that, even if they were not present, any Sikh visiting their
IKULAHA, a village 6 km south-west of Khanna (30Â°42`N, 76Â°13`E) in Ludhiana district, is sacred to Guru Hargobind, who visited it on his way from Ghurani and Dhamot to Saunti. The shrine which commemorates the visit was raised much later. The construction work was started in 1907-08 by Bhai Rala
JANI, a Sayyid Muslim, who, according to Bhai Santokh Singh, Sn Gur Pratdp Suraj Granlh, had long wandered in search of a true spiritual guide, was directed by one, Khwaja, a Kashmir! Musalman, to meet Guru Hargobind whom he himself reverenced. Sayyid Jani visited Guru Hargobind, received instruction from
KURU-KSHETRA, KURU-CHHETRA (KULKHET, KULCHHET) If he goes to Kulkhet (Kurukshetra) at the time of the eclipse, and offers his bedecked wife, if he listens to all the Smritis with his ears, all these are of no avail if he indulges in calumny. (Gond Ravidas, p. 875) At first he
New membership are not allowed.