MAHA DEVT, MATA
MAHA DEVI, MATA (d. 1645), also called Mata Marvahi after her ancestral caste-name, was the daughter of Bhai Dvara (also known as Daya Ram) and Mata Bhagan of the village of Mandiala on the right bank of the Ravi, 20 km southwest of Lahore. She was married to Guru Hargobind at her village on 7 July 1615. She gave birth to a son, Suraj Mall, on 10 June 1617. Mata Marvahi died at Kiratpur in 1645.
1. Gurbilas Chhevin Patshahi. Patiala, 1970
2. Santokh Singh, Bhai, Sri Gur Pratap Suraj Granth. Amritsar, 1927-35
3. Gian Singh, Giani, Twarikh Guru Khalsa [Reprint]. Patiala, 1970
4. Jaggi, Ratan Singh, ed., Bansavalinama. Chandigarh, 1972.
5. Macauliffe, Max Arthur, The Sikh Religion. London, 1909.