Nothing more is known of the devout Motha Singh nor of the date of the establishment of the Manji Sahib, except that the shrine was under the Dharmarth Board of Patiala and East Punjab States Union in 1948 and was taken over by the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee after the merger of the state with the Punjab in 1956. Since then several new buildings have been constructed. The original Manji Sahib has been replaced by a doublestoreyed domed structure, with a large rectangular meeting hall adjacent to it.
A spacious brickpaved courtyard separates these buildings from the complex comprising the Guru ka Larigar and rooms for pilgrims. The holy flag flies atop a 105feet high staff on one side of the courtyard, near the site of the old shrine. The full moon day every month is celebrated as a festive occasion attended by a large number of people from the surrounding villages and towns. Religious gatherings and community meals take place. The management is now entrusted to a local committee which also administers Gurdwara Manji Sahib at Pinjore.
1. Gian Singh, Giani, Twarikh Gurduarian. Amritsar, n.d.
2. Narotam, Tara Singh, Sri Guru Tirath Sangrahi. Kankhal, 1975