BHAGRANA, village 20 km from Rajpura (30Â° 28`N, 76Â° 37`E), in Patiala district, is celebrated for its Gurdwara Nauvin Patshahi. Some old accounts assign this shrine to the neighbouring village of Dadu Majra, but it falls now within the revenue limits of Bhagrana. Guru Tegh Bahadur halted here in the
DUDDHI, a village 7 km to the southwest of Ladva (29Â° 59`N, 77Â° 3`E) in Kurukshetra district of Haryana, has a historical shrine, Gurdwara Diorhi Sahib, dedicated to Guru Tegh Bahadur. As he was travelling in those parts, the Guru was invited by the inhabitants to visit their village. By
IKULAHA, a village 6 km south-west of Khanna (30Â°42`N, 76Â°13`E) in Ludhiana district, is sacred to Guru Hargobind, who visited it on his way from Ghurani and Dhamot to Saunti. The shrine which commemorates the visit was raised much later. The construction work was started in 1907-08 by Bhai Rala
MADDAR, village five kilometre north of Balloke head works in Pakistan, was known to Sikhs in prepartition Punjab for its Gurdwara Sachchi Manji and some relics of the Gurus it claimed to preserve. One of these was a cot (manji, in Punjabi, after which the Gurdwara was named), said to
MANJI, derived from the Sanskrit mancha and manchaka meaning a stage, platform, raised seat, dais, throne, beadstead, or a couch, has a special connotation in Sikh tradition. Ordinarily, a manji, in Punjabi, means a cot, especially of the simple, stringed variety. Social manner in India requires that when more than
NADA SAHIB, Gurdwara Patshahi Dasvin, situated at the end of a narrow spur of soft sandy rocks of the Sivalik foothills, on the left bank of the river Ghaggar, about 10 km east of Chandigarh (30Â°44`N, 76Â°46`E), commemorates the visit of Guru Gobind Singh, who halted here while travelling from
New membership are not allowed.