BALACHAUR, a village about 11 km northeast of Jagadhri (30Â° 10`N, 77Â° 18`E) in Ambala district of Haryana, claims a historical shrine known as Gurdwara Agampura dedicated to Guru Gobind Singh. Guru Gobind Singh visited the place travelling from Kapal Mochan in 1688. The old shrine, a 4.5 metre square room with a low conical dome over it, built in his honour, has recently been enclosed in a larger rectangular hall. The Guru Granth Sahib is installed in the inner sanctum. The Gurdwara is managed by a local committee under the auspices of the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee.
1. Fauja Singh, ed. Travels of Guru Gobind Singh. Patiala, 1968