CHIKA,CHIKA, an old village in Kaithal district of Haryana, 26 km west of Pehova (29Â° 59`N, 76Â° 35`E), is sacred to Guru Hargobind and Guru Tegh Bahadur. The former passed through Chika at the time of his visit to Kurukshetra in 1638. Guru Tegh Bahadur arrived here from Samana en route to Delhi, in 1675, and stayed here for two days with Bhai Glaura, the masand of the Barigar area extending up to Hansi and Hissar. A low platform in a room on the first floor of an old house in the northeastern part of the village commemorated the visits of the holy Gurus.
The place was taken over by the successors of Sant Gurmukh Singh during late 1970`s for reconstruction. The new Gurdwara Chhevin ate Nauvin Patshahi has a large divan hall supported by twenty octagonal concrete pillars. Another complex in a compound close by comprises Guru ka Larigar and rooms for pilgrims. The gurdwara is affiliated to the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee.
1. Tara Singh, Sri Gur Tirath Sangrahi. Amritsar, n.d.
2. Thakar Singh, Giani, 5rT Gurduare Darshan. Amritsar, 1928