DHILVAN, village 25 km from Barnala (30Â° 23`N, 75Â° 34`E), is sacred to Guru Tegh Bahadur, who, according to local tradition, stayed here for several months in the course of one of his journeys across the Malva country. Large numbers of people in the area were converted to his teaching. Gurdwara Patshahi Nauvin, commemorating his visit, is on the southeastern outskirts of the village. The building comprises Tap Asthan, seat of meditation, marking the site where Guru Tegh Bahadur used to sit in contemplation, a divan hall and the Guru ka Langar.
The Tap Asthan, a square domed room on a raised plinth, contains only a platform, reverently covered with a fabric length. The Guru Granth Sahib is seated under a canopy in the middle of the hall. The Gurdwara owns 55 acres of land and is managed by the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee. Besides the daily services and major Sikh anniversaries, solar eclipses are. marked by special celebrations.
1. Malva Desh Ratan di Sakhi Pothi. Amritsar, 1968
2. Tara Singh, Sri Gur Tirath Sangrahi. Amritsar, n.d.
3. Thakar Singh, Giani, Sri Gurduare Darshan. Amritsar, 1923