AMAR SIDDHU, village 13 km southeast of Lahore along the LahoreKasur road, is sacred to Guru Hargobind (1595-1644), who once visited here travelling from Guru Mangat close to Lahore. Gurdwara Patshahi VI, established to commemorate the visit, was outside the village to the east of it. The building, constructed by Rai Bahadur Sir Ganga Ram in 1922, was a domed structure in the middle of a small garden. The Gurdwara was affiliated to the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee and was administered by the local managing committee of Lahore city. The shrine was abandoned at the time of mass migrations caused by the partition of the Punjab in 1947.