BAHER, village 5 km east of Bassi Pathanan (30Â° 42\'N, 76Â° 25\'B) in Patiala district, has a historical shrine dedicated to Guru Tegh Bahadur who, according to local tradition, made a brief halt here on his way from Nandpur Kalaur to Dadu Majra Bhagrana. A monument existed here in the
GURUSAR PATSHAHI X, GURDWARA, lending its name to the village that has grown in its neighbourhood, stands near Saravan, a village 10 km south east of Kot Kapura (30Â°35`N, 74Â°49`E) in Faridkot district of the Punjab. It marks the site where Guru Gobind Singh put up on his way from
MAGAR SAHIB, GURDWARA, named after an old village, Magar, in Patiala district, is dedicated to Guru Tegh Bahadur who, according to local tradition, stayed here awhile near what used to be a small pond. A small shrine established here was later developed into a one-room gurdwara. It collapsed in what
SEVA SINGH, BHAI (1882-1945), journalist and author, was born in 1882 at Sarai Alamgir, in Gujrat district (now in Pakistan), where his father, Lal Sihgh, was a village moneylender. Passing his middle school examination from Jehlum, he trained as a junior vernacular teacher at Rawalpindi, and took up service at
New membership are not allowed.