MUZANG, now part of Lahore in Pakistan, was, during the seventeenth century, a village about 2.5 km south of the old city. Guru Hargobind (1595-1644) stopped here for some time during his visit to Lahore. Gurdwara Chheviri Patshahi, later built here to commemorate the Guru`s visit, was affiliated to the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee. On 12 August 1947, it suffered a mob attack in which several Sikhs attempting to defend it were killed. The shrine was abandoned in the aftermath of the partition of India.
1. Gian Singh, Giani, Twarikh Guduarian. Amritsar, n.d.
2. Tara Singh, Sri Guru Tirath Sangrahi. Amritsar, n.d.
3. Khan Muhammad Waliullah Khan, Sikh Shrines in West Pakistan. Karachi, 1962
4. Sahi, J.S., Sikh Shrines in India and Abroad. Faridabad, 1978