BHAGRANA, village 20 km from Rajpura (30Â° 28`N, 76Â° 37`E), in Patiala district, is celebrated for its Gurdwara Nauvin Patshahi. Some old accounts assign this shrine to the neighbouring village of Dadu Majra, but it falls now within the revenue limits of Bhagrana. Guru Tegh Bahadur halted here in the course of one of his journeys through this region. Two Sikhs, Bhai Amaru and Bhai Diala, served him with devotion.
The original memorial set up here was replaced with a Manji Sahib and some ancillary buildings by Maharaja Karam Singh of Patiala (1798-1845) who also allotted some land for its maintenance. The 7metre square domed Manji Sahib is built on a high plinth. Inside it is seated the Guru Granth Sahib. The Gurdwara is managed by the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee through a local committee.
1. Tara Singh, Sri Gur Tirath Sangrahi. Amritsar, n.d.
2. Thakar Singh, Giani, Sri Gurduare Darshan. Amritsar, 1923
3. Fauja Singh, Guru Teg Bahadur : YStra AstAan, Prampara van te Yad Chinn. Patiala, 1976