DULEY, village in Ludhiana district, 17 km southwest from the city (30Â° 54`N, 75Â° 52`E), claims a historical shrine called Gurdwara Phalahi Sahib Patshahi 10. Guru Gobind Singh halted here awhile under a phalahi tree, while travelling from Alamgir toJodhari at the close of 1705. An imposing new gurdwara building, a large rectangular hall, has been completed recently. There is a basement below the prakash asthan representing the site of the original building, and above it is a room topped by a highdomed pavilion. Four more doublestoreyed domed pavilions surround the central pavilion.
At each corner of the large hall is a 4storeyed domed tower, octagonal in shape. For the pilgrims` ablutions, Dasmesh Ghat was constructed in 1967 in commemoration of the 300th birth anniversary of Guru Gobind Singh. Similarly, a dining hall with a verandah in front was added to the Guru ka Larigar building in 1969 while celebrating the 500th birth anniversary of Guru Nanak. Besides the morning and evening religious services, there are classes in scripturereading and devotional music held in the gurdwara. M.G.S.