GHANAULA, an old village 10 km north of Ropar (30Â°58`N, 76Â°3rE) in the Punjab, used to be the headquarters of a parganuh in Mughal times. It claims a historical shrine which commemorates the visit of Guru Gobind Singh in 1688 while he was returning from Paonta to Anandpur. He again passed through Ghanaula on 6 December 1705 while proceeding to Kotia Niharig Khan en route to Chamkaur. The Gurdwara, a modestlooking singleroom structure on the top of a mound near an old fortress, is looked after by the village sangat.
1. Tara Singh, Sri Gur Tirath Sangrahi. Amritsar, n.d.
2. Thakar Singh, Giani, Sri Gurduare Darshan. Amritsar, 1923