BUR MAJRA, a small village about 8 km east of Chamkaur Sahib (30Â°53`N, 76Â°25`E) in Ropar district of the Punjab, claims a historical shrine, Gurdwara Patshahi 10 located near an old well. It is said that Guru Gobind Singh, while proceeding to Chamkaur on 6 December 1705 after evacuating Anandpur
CHAMKAUR SAHIB (30Â° 53\'N, 76Â° 25\'E) in Ropar district of the Punjab was the scene of two engagements which took place here between Guru Gobind Singh and the imperial troops in the opening years of the eighteenth century. There exist six shrines in the town commemorating the events of
CHUHARVAL, village 11 km west of Chamkaur Sahib (30Â° 53`N, 76Â° 25`E), has a gurdwara called Jhar Sahib, dedicated to Guru Gobind Singh, who quitting Chamkaur on the night of 7 December 1705, reached this spot. In a cluster of thorny bushes (Jhar) here, he relaxed for awhile before
GHANAULA, an old village 10 km north of Ropar (30Â°58`N, 76Â°3rE) in the Punjab, used to be the headquarters of a parganuh in Mughal times. It claims a historical shrine which commemorates the visit of Guru Gobind Singh in 1688 while he was returning from Paonta to Anandpur. He again
HIMMAT SINGH, BHAI (1661-1705), one of the Parij Piare, or the Five Beloved, celebrated in Sikh history, was born in 1661 at Jagannath in a low caste family of water suppliers. He came to Anandpur at the young age of 17, and attached himself to the service of Guru
JAND SAHIB, GURDWARA, 5 km west of Chamkaur Sahib (SOS`N. 76Â°25`E) in Ropar district of the Punjab, stands at the fringe of a vast expanse of marshy grassland. It is sacred to Guru Gobind Singh, who after leaving Chamkaur on the night of 78 December 1705, took a westerly direction
JUJHAR SINGH, SAHIBZADA (1691-1705), the second son of Guru Gobind Singh, was born to Mata Jitoji at Anandpur on 14 March 1691. Like his elder brother, Ajit Singh, he started training in the fighting skills as soon as he started learning the religious texts. In 1699, when he was
KOTHA SINGH, BHAI (d. 1705). also known as Katha Singh, was one of the martyrs of Chamkaur Sahib battle fought on 7 December 1705.
MADAN SINGH, BHAI (d. 1705), one of the martyrs of Chamkaur (7 December 1705), was, according to local tradition popular in and around Bhagrana in Fatehgarh Sahib district of the Punjab, the son of Bhai Diala, a weaver of that village. Bhai Diala had received instruction from Guru Tegh Bahadur
Nandram, one of the poets who kept Guru Gobind Singh (1666-1708) company, was the son of a well-known Sufi poet, Vali Ram. He had been in the service of Dara Shukoh, who, having lost the struggle for succession to his father\'s throne, was executed by his brother, Emperor Aurangzib,
SANGAT SINGH (d. 1705), one of the forty Sikhs who were besieged with Guru Gobind Singh in an improvised fortress at Chamkaur, bore a close resemblance to the Guru in physical appearance. Both Kuir Singh and Sukkha Singh in their poetical biographies of Guru Gobind Singh refer to him as
New membership are not allowed.