MAHIMA SHAHANVALA, one of the three adjacent villages sharing the name Mahima, 8 km west of Goniana Mandi (30Â°18\’N, 74Â°54\’E) in Bathinda district of the Punjab, has a historical shrine, called Gurdwara Gurusar Patshahi X. The shrine marks the spot where, according to local tradition, Guru Gobind Singh made a brief halt during his journey, early in 1706, from Lakkhi Jangal to Dan Singhvala. The present building on a high base comprises an assembly hall in front of a semi-octagonal flat-roofed sanctum. The verandah enclosing the hall and the sanctum has a cubicle at each corner. Guru ka Langar is in a separate enclosure beside the sarover. The Gurdwara with a few acres of land around it is controlled by Nihangs of the Buddha Dal.
1. Gian Singh, Giani, Twarikh Gurduarian. Amritsar, n.d.
2. Narotam, Tara Singh, Sri Gur Tirath Sangrahi. Kankhal. 1975
3. Thakar Singh, Giani, Granth Sri Gurduare Darshan. Amritsar, 1923