SAMADH BHAI, commonly called Bhai ki Samadh, a village 36 km south of Moga (30Â°48`.N, 75″10`.E) in Faridkot district, has a historical shrine dedicated to Guru Hargobind, who visited the place in the course of ajoumey across the Malva region. The Gurdwara is a large rectangular hall with the Guru Granth Sahib seated in a square sanctum inside it. Two storeys of square pavilions with a lotus dome on top rise above the sanctum.
A large sarovar, rectangular in shape, is outside the gurdwara compound. The Gurdwara is affiliated to the Shiromani, Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee. Adjacent to the Gurdwara is an octagonal domed structure, the samadh of Bhai Rup Chand (1613-1709), an eminent pious Sikh of his times. From this monument the village derives its nam.
1. Gian Singh, Giani, Twarikh Guru Khalsa [Reprint]. Patiala, 1970
2. Santokh Singh, Bhai, Sri Gur Pratap Suraj Granth. Amritsar, 1927-35
3. Gurmukh Singh, Historical Sikh Shrines. Amritsar, 1995