VAIROKE, village 3 km west of Lopoke, in Amritsar district of the Punjab, claims a historical shrine sacred to Guru Nanak, who once visited it during his travels through these parts. According to local tradition, the Guru, sitting here on a dead her tree trunk discoursed with a Muslim faqir,
THATTHA, village 12 km northwest of Zira (30058`N, 74059`E) in Firozpur district, claims a historical Gurdwara dedicated to Guru Hargobind who encamped here once on his way from Amritsar to Darauli. Called Gurdwara Chhevin Patshahi or simply Gurdwara Thattha Sahib, the shrine is situated one kilometre south of the village
TARGA, village 6 km north of Kasurm Lahore district of Pakistan, had historical Sikh shrine, Gurdwara TIsri Patshahi Jhari Sahib, on the western outskirts marking the site where Guru Amar Das, Nanak III, travelling in these parts at the request of devotees living in the nearby Kadivind had once stopped.
TAPA, a small market town 19 km southwest of Barnala (30022`N, 75032`E) in Sangrur district of the Punjab, claims a historical shrine, Gurdwara Tibba Sahib Patshahi IX, dedicated to Guru Tegh Bahadur. The old building constructed by Maharaja Karam Singh (1798-1845) of Patiala has since been replaced by a more
SRI GUR TIRATH SANGRAHI (Sri = honoured; gur= Gurus of the Sikh faith ; tirath = places of pilgrimage ; sangrahi = collection) by Pandit Tara Singh Narotam, lists places across the country hallowed by the visits of the Gurus and their families. The work, written in Gurmukhi script was
SITA RAM KOHLI He passed his matriculation examination from the local Government High School and went to Government College, Lahore, for his Master`s degree in History. In 1913 the University of the Panjab invited the eminent British historian, Ramsay Muir, from England as a visiting professor. He stayed at Lahore
New membership are not allowed.