The Gurdwara Aaduporh is a historical shrine commemorating the visit of Guru Hargobind Ji. Guru Ji came to the site while riding his horse, where now the present Gurdwara Sahib stands. At this place Guru Ji met a holyman whose name was Aadu and asked him about the well being
PEHLI PATSHAHI GURUDWARA, CHHOHATA MUFTI BAQAR This historical place, known as Dharamsala of the First Patshahi, is located in Mohalla Chohatta Mufti Baqar inside Delhi gate of Lahore city. In those days the locality was known as Siryanwala Bazaar or Chohatta Jawahar Mal. In 1567 Bikrami (1510 AD) Jagat Guru
MORCHA, in Persian murchah or murchal meaning entrenchments, fortification or battlefront, has, apart from its usage in military strategy, entered Indian political vocabulary via the Gurdwara Reform or Akali movement of the early 1920`s. In that prolonged agitation for the liberation of Sikh historical shrines from the control of a
LAKSHMlPUR, in Katihar district of Bihar, is predominantly a Sikh village and has a historical shrine dedicated to Guru Tegh Bahadur. The ancestors of the inhabitants of this village lived in Kantnagar, a flourishing port on the left bank of the River Ganga, and it was in fact this latter
ITIHAS GURU KHAIA, by Sadhu Gobind Singh, whose earlier name was Pandit Ganda Singh, is a historical account, in Hindi, of the Sikhs, beginning with Guru Nanak (1469-1539) and terminating with the post Banda Singh period of much turbulence and trial. Sadhu Gobind Singh, a Nirmala scholar, was born in
GURUSHABAD RATANAKAR MAHAN KOSH, more popularly known by its shorter title Mahan Kosh, the great dictionary, by the celebrated man of letters and lexicographer, Bhai Kahn Singh, of Nabha, is a work unexcelled for its neatness and refinement of expression and monumental in its scope and size. It would indeed
GURMAT SUDHAKAR (lit. Sikh principles explained and illustrated : Sudhdkar= the moon, i.e. the illuminator) is an anthology by Bhai Kahn Singh, of Nabha, of excerpts from old Sikh historical texts and manuals of stipulated conduct. The work, first published in 1899, is divided into sixteen chapters. The opening chapter
New membership are not allowed.