SOTRANSOTRAN, village one km north of Banga (31″11 N, 76″E) in Nawashahr district of the Punjab, claims a historical shrine called Gurdwara Gurplah Patshahi Chhevin, dedicated to Guru Hargobind who stayed here briefly under a plah tree (Butia fondosa) on his way from Kartarpur to Kiratpur early in 1635. The present building, which replaced an old modest structure, was constructed in 1965 under the supervision of Sant Seva Singh Anandpurvale. Situated in a walled compound entered through a tall gateway, it comprises a square marble floored hall with the sanctum in the middle.
Over the sanctum are two storeys of square rooms topped by a dome with a gold plated pinnacle. Guru ka Langar is at the back of the hall. An old well in the southwest corner of the Gurdwara is believed to have existed since before the time of Guru Hargobind`s visit. The Gurdwara is affiliated to the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee. Besides the daily services and observance of major anniversaries on the Sikh calendar, a largely attended religious fair is held annually on 20 Har, usually corresponding to 3 July.
1. Narotam Tara Singh, Sri Guru Tirath Sangrahi. Kankhal, 1975
2. Gian Singh, Giani, Twarikh Guiduarian. Amritsar, n.d
3. Thakar Singh, Giani, Gurduare Darshan. Amritsar, 1923