GURU KI DHAB
GURU KI DHAB, also known by its old name of Doda Tal, is north of Jaito (30Â°26`N, 74Â°53`E). Guru Gobind Singh passed through here travelling from the nearby village of Saravan during his journey westward from Dina in December 1705. The tdlor dhdb, lit. a large pond, came to be known as Guru ki Dhab in honour of the Guru`s sojourn. Most of the area has since been reclaimed for cultivation, but a gurudwara, with a small octagonal sarovar by its side, was constructed during the 1970`s. Large gatherings take place on every fullmoon day and the first of every Bikrami month attracts devotees in large numbers, especially women with small children, from the surrounding villages. 1. Malva Desh Ratan di Sakhi Pothi. Amritsar, 1968
2. Tara Singh, Sri Cur Tirath Sangrahi. Amritsar, n.d.
3. Thakar Singh, Giani, Sri GurdudreDarshan. Amritsar, 1923