BHAVANIGARHBHAVANIGARH (30Â° 14`N, 76Â° 3`E), also called Dhode locally, is a market town 36 km west of Patiala. Guru Tegh Bahadur arrived here from Alo Harakh in the course of a journey through the Malva region. His devotees constructed a platform around two pipal trees under which the Guru had sat.. A gurdwara, called Gurdwara Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib Ji Patshahi Nauvin, was constructed by the local sangat in 1916.
It is situated on the eastern outskirts of the town, next to Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur College. It consists of a rectangular hall in front of the domed sanctum. The hall has a wide verandah on three sides with cubicles at the corners. The Gurdwara is managed by the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee through a local committee.
1. Fauja Singh, Guru Teg` Bahadur : Yatra Asthan, Pramparavan te Ynd Chinn. Patiala, 1976