DIKKH, village 12 km to the north of Maur Kalan (30Â° 4`N, 75Â° 14`E) in Bathinda district of the Punjab, is sacred to Guru Tegh Bahadur, who visited it during his travels in these parts. According to Sakhi Pothi, an humble Sikh entreated the Guru to come and put up in his house. The Guru accepted his invitation. He blessed his host who had served him with complete devotion. The Sikh, who was childless, had four sons thereafter.A memorial platform raised in honour of the Guru, about 200 metres west of the village, was later buried under sand; but, as memory of the Guru`s visit survived, it was uncovered again and a singleroom gurdwara established on the site in 1917.
The shrine, now known as Gurdwara Sahib Patshahi Nauvin, comprises a domed sanctum within a square hall with a verandah on three sides. In an adjacent compound on a lower level are the Guru ka Langar and rooms for pilgrims. The Gurdwara owns 10 acres of land and is affiliated to the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee. Special congregations take place on fullmoon days.
1. Thakar Singh, Giani, Sn Gurduare DarsAan. Amritsar, 1923
2. Malva Desh Ratan di Sakhi Pothi. Amritsar, 1968