MAURMAUR, also called Dhilvari Maur to distinguish it from Maur Kalari in Bathinda district of the Punjab, is a village 30 km from Barnala (30Â°22`N, `75Â°32`E), via Tapa. In a thicket about 2 km northeast of Maur, there used to be a pond, called Dulami kT Dhab, where, according to local tradition, Guru Tegh Bahadur used to come often for his afternoon ride from Dhilvari. A shrine was established later near this pond which came to be called Dulamsar.
The shrine, now called Gurdwara Sahib Dulamsar Patshahl IX, is built on a low mound. The domed sanctum is decorated with floral designs painted on the walls and on the cupola. A couple of rooms across a small courtyard provide accommodation for the staff. There is on the mound an old narrow well, known as Singharivali Khuhi. The Gurdwara has about five acres of land donated to it and is managed by Nihangs of the Buddha Dal.
1. Gian Singh, Giani, Twarikh Gurduarian. Amritsar, n.d.
2. Narotam, Tara Singh, Sri Guru Tirath Sangrahi [Reprint]. Kankhal, 1975
3. Atar Singh, Malva Des Ratan di Sakhi Pothi. Amritsar, 1950