NARLI, village barely one kilometre from the Indo Pakistan border in Amritsar district of the Punjab, claims a historical shrine, Gurdwara Manji Sahib which commemorates one of the manjis or preaching centres established by Guru Amar Das (1479-1574), The first preacher appointed here by the Guru was Bhai Mai Das, a Vaisnavite recluse converted to Sikhism. The present building constructed by the local sangat during the 1950`s comprises a domed sanctum within a small divan hall. An old well and an old cot (manji, in Punjabi) are believed to have existed here since the time of Guru Amar Das. The shrine is administered by a local committee under the auspices of the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee.
1. Gian Singh Giani, Twarikh Guru Khalsa [Reprint]. Patiala, 1970