RALIA, village 14 km north of Mansa (29Â° 59`N, 75Â° 23`E) in Bathinda district of the Punjab, is sacred to Guru Tegh Bahadur, who visited it during his travels across southeastern Punjab. The shrine established to commemorate the visit was for along time controlled by anchorites of the Nath cult. It was only after 1947 that the local Sikh sangat assumed possession and converted it into a gurudwara named Gurdwara Sahib Patshahi IX. The present building, completed on 7 September 1953, consists of a flat roofed hall, with a verandah on three sides and a few ancillary rooms across a brickpaved compound. The shrine is administered by a local committee under the auspices of the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee.
1. Santokh Singh, Bhai, Sri Gur Pratap Suraj Granth. Amritsar, 1927-35
2. Gian Singh, Giani, Twarikh Guru Khalsa [Reprint]. Patiala, 1970