TAPA, a small market town 19 km southwest of Barnala (30022`N, 75032`E) in Sangrur district of the Punjab, claims a historical shrine, Gurdwara Tibba Sahib Patshahi IX, dedicated to Guru Tegh Bahadur. The old building constructed by Maharaja Karam Singh (1798-1845) of Patiala has since been replaced by a more spacious complex raised by Baba Narain Suigh Moni, who also has continued to manage it. The central building is a rectangular hall, with canopied seats for the Holy Volumes. Guru ka Larigar is near the entrance gate, and a small walled sarovar just outside the compound. Besides the daily prayers and kirtan, largely attended assemblies take place on the first of each Bikrami month. All major anniversaries on the Sikh calendar are observed.
1. Gurmukh Singh, Historical Sikh Shrines. Amritsar, 1995
2. Gian Singh, Giani, Twarikh Gurduarian. Amritsar, n.d