The Society aimed at the spread of knowledge about Sikhism and propagation of gurbam, providing especially opportunities for Sikh children to learn Punjabi.During the first year of its existence, it published, for free distribution, a total of 26,000 copies of tracts on Sikhism in Punjabi, English and Tamil. Between 1946 and 1965, it had published 1,00,000 copies covering thirty titles, including two in the Chinese language, Written by eminent Sikh scholars such as Professor Teja Singh, Professor Puran Singh and Dr Ganda Singh, these tracts were widely circulated.
The Society also engaged preachers who travelled throughout Malaya making speeches at public meetings. Punjabi classes were held for Sikh children, introducing them to Sikh Scriptural texts. The Society still operates though its activity is now restricted mainly to Singapore. Mv.S.