SAROVAR, a tank, pool or lake, especially at a sacred place or by a holy shrine used for sacramental ablutions and other religious ceremonies. Sanskrit synonyms are sar, sarvar, tarag and vapl. Another word is puskar or puskarini which usually means a pond full of lotus
DIALPURA BHAI KA, village in Bathinda district of the Punjab, 38 km west of Barnala, named after its founder, Bhai Dial Singh, a grandson of Bhai Rupa (1614-1709), around the middle of the eighteenth century, claims a historical shrine, Gurdwara Zafarnamah Sahib Patshahi X. According to local tradition, Guru
KISANA, BHAI, of Muzarig near Lahore, became a disciple in the time of Guru Arjan, when the Guru appointed Bhai Bhanu to preach among the inhabitants of Muzarig, notorious for their lack of morals. Bhai Kisana and Seth Marigina were the first who, along with their families, accepted the
MAISAR KHANA, an old village 10 km west of Maur Kalan (30Â°4\'N, 75Â°14\'E) in the Bathinda district of the Punjab, is sacred to Guru Tegh Bahadur, who, during his travels in these parts, made a brief halt here by the side of a small pool, called Maisar. To mark
MUKTSAR (30Â°29`N, 74Â°31`E), a district town in the Punjab, commemorating the martyrdom of Forty Muktas, i.e. the Liberated Ones, is a famous pilgrimage centre for the Sikhs. The sacred pool which lends its name to the town was formerly known as Khidrana Dhab, a natural depression which fed by
AJAIB, BHAI, a Sangha Jatt who embraced the Sikh faith in the time of Guru Arjan. He belonged to the village of Darauli Bhai, in presentday Faridkot district. Two of his brothers, Umar Shah and Ajab, were the Guru`s masands or vicars. Bhai Ajaib took part in seva, voluntary
ALAMGIR, a village in Ludhiana district, 13 km to the southwest of the city (30Â°54\'N, 75Â°52\'E), is famed for its Gurdwara Manji Sahib Patshahi 10. Guru Gobind Singh made a halt in the village as he was travelling after the battle of Chamkaur in December 1705. Here the Guru
BABEKSAR GURUDWARA, DISTT AMRITSAR Bhai Gurdas laid the foundation of the Gurdwara in 1622. Guru Hargobind established a camp here for his cavalry and soldiers soon after. Guru Hargobind said that anyone who bathed in the pool would receive the benefits of rational thinking (Babek).
DHAKAULI, a village in Patiala district, 14 km east of Chandigarh (30Â° 44`N, 76Â° 46`E), is famous for Gurdwara Baoli Sahib, dedicated to Guru Gobind Singh. According to local tradition, the Guru, on his way back from Paonta to Anandpur in November 1688 decided to encamp on this site.
New membership are not allowed.