BAHADURGARH, Fort, 9 km northeast of Patiala (30Â° 20\'N, 76Â° 26\'E), marks the site of the old Saifabad Fort, the residence of Nawab Saif ud-Din Mahmud or Saif Khan. The Fort was acquired by Raja Amar Singh (1748-82) of Patiala in 1774 and was reconstructed by Maharaja Karam Singh
BARH, a town in Patna district of Bihar, 56 km east of old Patna city (25Â° 37`N, 85Â° 10`E), is sacred to Guru Tegh Bahadur who stayed here during his tour of the eastern districts in 1666. It has one Suthrashahi Sangat and two Udasi Sangats existing of old.
BURHANPUR (21Â°18`N, 76Â°14`E), a medieval walled town on the banks of the River Tapti, is in East Nimar (Khandwa) district of Madhya Pradesh. It is a railway station, on the main DelhiItarsiBombay section of the Central Railway. There are two historical Sikh shrines in the town. GURDWARA SANGAT RAJGHAT
HARNAM SINGH, BABA (d. 1927), an ascetic saint widely respected in the southern districts of the Punjab, was born the son of BhaT BTr Singh and Pradhan Kaur of the village of Mansurval in Kapurthala district. His original name was Nihal Singh. Leaving his home at the age of
KHUHI BHAI LALO JI, GURUDWARA Gurdwara Khuhi Bhai Lalo Ji: Bhai Lab was a carpenter living at Eminabad. Guru Nanak Dev stayed with him on several occasions. Bhai Lalo\'s house became a dharmsal, meeting place for local followers of the Guru, and was later developed into Gurdwara which was named
PAKKHOKE RANDHAVE, a village in the east of Dera Baba Nanak (32Â° 2`N, 75Â° 2`E) in Gurdaspur district of the Punjab, is the place where Guru Nanak`s wife and children stayed with his fatherinlaw during the Guru`s absence on udasis or preaching journeys. The village has a historical shrine
PATSHAHI CHHEVIN LAHORE, GURUDWARA This place, that was hallowed by the holy touch of the feet of the Sixth Guru Hargobind Sahib, is situated inside Bhatti Darwaza in the Chumalah Muhalla. The Guru accepted the request of the Lahore Sangat and stayed for three days at the house of Bhai
SANKARNATH, PANDIT (1789-1858), astrologer and diplomat, belonging to the village of Karivallur, in north Kerala, was a celebrated scholar of ancient lore. His reputation especially as an astrologer spread far beyond the confines of his native Kerala and he was in 1816 invited by Raja Sansar Chand of Kangra
SIRHALI KALAN, commonly pronouned Sarhali Kalan (31Â°l7`N, 74"56`E), a village 6 km east of Patti in Amritsar district of the Punjab, is sacred to Guru Aijan (1563-1606), who once stayed here for a while along with his family. Gurdwara Chubachcha Sahib commemorating the visit stands inside the village. Its
VERKA, township 9 km northeast of Amritsar (31Â°38`N, 74Â°53`E), is sacred to Guru Nanak (1469-1539) who once came and stayed here near a pond, west of the village. The pond so consecrated came to be known as Nanaksar, Nanak`s pool. The pond was converted into a sarovarin 1899 with
New membership are not allowed.