DIRHBA, an old town 30 km southeast of Sangrur (30Â° 14`N, 75Â°50`E) in the Punjab, has a historical shrine commemorating the visit of Guru Tegh Bahadur during the third quarter of the seventeenth century. It is known as Gurdwara Sahib Patshahi IX and is situated on the bank of a deep pond on the northwestern outskirts of the town where the Guru is believed to have encamped. The sanctum is in the middle one of the three small cubicles built in a row.
Over the sanctum there is a square pavilion. A hall was constructed facing the cubicles by Mahant Pakhar Singh alias Kishan Singh in 1955. More recent is the complex comprising the Guru ka Langar and rooms for pilgrims and a small sarovar, holy tank, dug in 1978. The Gurdwara owns 7 acres of land and is administered by a village committee under the auspices of the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee.