TAHILPURA, a small village in the interior of Fatehgarh Sahib district was visited by Guru Tegh Bahadur in the course of one of his journeys through the Malva region. A small raised platform marked the spot where he had put up. Later some Nirmala sadhus established a place of worship and installed the Guru Granth Sahib. Afterwards, Maharaja Karam Singh of Patiala (1798-1845) had a Mahji Sahib constructed here which still exists. At the back of the Manji Sahib there is an old pipal tree which is believed to have existed since the time of Guru Tegh Bahadur`s visit. The Gurdwara is maintained by the village sangat.
1. Narotam, Tara Singh, Sri Guru Tirath Sangrahi. Kankhal, 1975
2. Gian Singh, Giani, Twarikh Gurduanari. Amritsar, n.d
3. Fauja Singh, Guru Teg Bahadur : Yatra Asthan, Paramparavan te Yad Chinh. Patiala, 1976